• Manage day to day project operations through effective delegation to the Site team.
• Assume full responsibility for the efficient and effective management of project works to ensure cost, time, quality and health and safety parameters are met and maintain all associated documentation.
• Take ownership of several simultaneous projects from award to handover.
• Program and schedule all project works and manage project delivery including sourcing and costing of materials, ordering of plant and equipment and organisation of labour, both direct and sub-contracted.
• Liaise with the company’s Design Engineering team in relation to technical drawings/CAD designs and attend design meetings as required.
• Arrange for the transport of materials and labour to various sites and ensure appropriate levels of supervision on site.
• Instruct and liaise with architects, contractors and other stakeholders and attend site meetings as required to ensure projects are progressing within agreed timescales.
• Contribute to the preparation of tender documents.
• Identify potential or actual sources of problems and develop and implement appropriate solutions.
• Ensure compliance throughout all projects with relevant health and safety regulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
• Prepare risk assessments and method statements for various projects as required and review relevant sub-contractor documents.
• Negotiate with suppliers/potential suppliers to ensure value for money without compromising on quality.
• Monitor progress with respect to cost and quality and prepare progress reports for presentation to the Contracts Manager.
• Attend relevant trade shows/fairs on behalf of the company as required.
• Provide day to day direction to the Site team including effective communication of company information and participation in recruitment, training, performance management and conflict resolution activity, in conjunction with the Contracts Manager.
• Any other duties within reason and capability as determined by the Contracts Manager.
• Must comply with the requirements of the IMS including the IMS Policies and Procedures in order to benefit from legal compliance, protection of the environmental, prevention of injury and ill health, and increased customer satisfaction and repeat business from customers.
Third level education in a relevant engineering discipline.
• CSR Gold Card
• Obtained or working towards gaining Chartered status.
• Good knowledge of relevant health and safety legislation, risk analysis and method statements.
• Demonstratable experience of successfully managing technical projects through from commencement to completion, including the preparation of status reports.
• Knowledge of the tender preparation process
• Knowledge of/ experience in the water treatment/ wastewater industry
• Knowledge and experience working with NEC suite of contracts.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including effective negotiation, and influencing skills.
• Evidence of strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
• Proven ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/designs.
• Evidence of strong organisational, planning and time management skills.
• Proven ability to successfully integrate into a multi-disciplined engineering team.
• Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Project & Excel).
• Proven ability to respond effectively to technical issues.
• Knowledge of the AutoCAD process
• Able to work flexibly as required to ensure business needs are met.
• Current full driving license.
• Based in NI but may be required to travel, including overnight stays.
• Valid passport.
• Able to fulfil the physical requirements of the job (e.g. climbing, working in dirty/dusty environments).
C. £30- 40,000